Wednesday, March 28, 2007

genetics

I learned this week for my birthday that my son is a photographer... he's 11... and I'm serious. He took photos of me for my birthday and he did an AMAZING job. I guess he has been paying attention. The best part is that he likes it! I have to get this boy a real camera one of these days. Composition... focus... he did such a great job. Thanks Thomas!

I haven't blogged in over 10 days! Bad bad... but I have been busy and I have been shooting :)
I had the pleasure of visiting friends in PA last week and this week I was schedule to travel to San Diego but because of some constraints beyond my control... it was postponed. But its ok because there is plenty o' editing to be done!

I feel like a slacker... I hadn't even posted my latest baby, twin and maternity shoot to flickr! But that trip to PA was such a blast and inspiring to be around so many creative people. Great friends were made in a short time. Flickr is such a cool place and I have made so many really amazing friends... being on a site with like minded people with the same passion is like swimming in a pool of ready made soul mates. But now I spend much too much time collaborating and chatting into the wee hours when I should be sleeping!
We visited Longwood Gardens, an amazing place. We didn't even shoot that many flowers... we were too busy laughing and shooting each other. But there will be flowers to show soon enough.

Here are a few of the latest images I have been working on. I have been spending time down by the water now that spring is somewhat here (still too cold for my bones though)... my maternity shoot to follow!



4 comments:

Jared May said...

Your work is fantastic. :)

Rachel Schell said...

my daughter is 4 and she loves photography also! I'm telling you her photos have composition already!!

Anonymous said...

wow, awesome! you can be very proud of him. It's great when your kids show so much interest for the things you do.

Life's Passionz said...

He must take after his mother.

I enjoy looking at any and all photos and your seem to be a notch above the rest.

You have a true gift. And, so does your son.

Take Care!