Thursday, March 1, 2007

wednesday weddings are the best!

Yesterday I shot the first wedding of the season :) and since Andrew is in London I was on my own. It was only the bride and groom so I was sure I could handle it :P I'm kidding, I shoot alone all the time.
Allison and Mark were simply wonderful. They are from Virginia and wanted a very very simple destination wedding... just the 2 of them here in Maine at the Captain Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport. It was a GORGEOUS February day... we couldn't have asked for better weather! Since it was just the bride and groom (and me, I was even a witness!) we were able to take the time to get some great images. They were such troopers letting me drag them all the over the place! We even hit the beach at sunset and as you can see for yourself, the beach in February is just as gorgeous as it is in the summer... just a little cooler but with NO people. Allison stayed warm with a beautiful white velvet cape (it was lined with flannel :).
Mark is in the Navy and looked so handsome in his dress blues. I feel so lucky that they picked me to shoot for them! I was also honored to be the witness. What a great day... I couldn't have asked for better! Thanks Allison and Mark for kicking off what hopes to be an incredible season!





1 comment:

Marina said...

love the last shot, incredible light!!!!

great job!

xoxo, marina