Monday, February 19, 2007

knitting catch up


I have always said that if I could shoot a knitting or yarn book I would be in heaven. Yarn makes me happy. I love choosing the colors and the texture. Being in the yarn section of a craft shop relaxes me. I will actually go there sometimes, it's almost a Zen like calm that comes over me. Shopping for the yarn actually relaxes me more than the actually knitting itself. I have never been one for retail therapy actually... I'm more of a buy and return because of the guilt kinda girl. So today I decided to catch up on all my unfinished projects. I had been promising my mom a pair of fingerless mitts for over a week... one of my Etsy sales didn't make it to its destination so I had to reknit another pair. I start scarves all the time and they often sit hanging on the needles for weeks before I finish. Today I tied up all the loose ends, well almost all. I have a blanket that I start LAST JUNE and still haven't completed. There's no deadline for the blanket of course :P
So here's to staying warm with a ball of yarn and shiny needles... and completing projects on time!

No comments: