Friday, February 23, 2007

making waves


It seems like everywhere I turn lately there has been some form of miscommunication or plans falling apart. First my best friend since high school, then my mother... and from what I hear from others around me... it seems to be a common theme. It's important to keep the doors open so we always know what is going on with the ones we love, whether it be your husband, fiance or your mother. At first I was the crazy one, and it was just me. But I am relieved to know that it's happening all over. I'm not saying I am glad that the rest of my friends are experiencing the same thing because miscommunication is never fun... but it's good to know I'm not losing my marbles!

I think the lesson to be learned from the past week is that we need to patient with each other and understanding. Try to see the other person's point of view before we rush to judgment. Ask yourself, is it me? Then make the necessary adjustments :) But sometimes it is necessary to simply close door but leave it open a crack... and take a break. Don't let things get so heated that there is no turning back... and talk about it! Maybe I am not the best person to give advice, lord knows I am no expert! But I want my future relationships to work, even if it's hard sometimes. So I will approach this next week ahead with caution and careful consideration to others but remembering to take care of me. Because when it comes right down to it, at the end of the day... that's the person you have to make happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mercury retrograde, baby! Namaste...beautifully phrased.